We would like to recall the previous post regarding the March Dive Trip (posted on 25th January 2015).
The March Dive Trip will continue to proceed as planned from 20th to 22nd March 2015.
However, there have been changes made to the dates of the theory and pool sessions due to unforeseen circumstances.
For Open Water Divers, the theory sessions will now be combined and conducted in a single session on 14th February (Saturday) from 9am to 5pm. The pool session will be held on 15th February (Sunday) from 9am to 5pm. If required, we will be having a second pool session on 22nd February as well (TBC). Participants will only be required to attend a single pool session.
As for Advanced Open Water Divers, the only change will be that the theory session will be held on 14th February from 9am to 12pm.
The Refresher session for certified divers will also be held in the morning of 15th February, and will also be available on the morning of 22nd February (if the session is conducted).
Leisure participants will not be affected by the changes stated above.
We understand that these changes may affect your decision to register for the trip, and thus we have scheduled extra registration sessions for next week. The new dates are as follows:
29th Jan - 9am - 2pm; and
5th Feb & 6th Feb; 10am-5pm
*Note: the registration session planned on 30th January has been cancelled.
Furthermore, we will be willing to assist you with alternative theory dates if you're not able to make it on 14th February due to Valentine's Day commitments. Kindly contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Facebook message, and we'll try to work out an alternative time with you.
With regards to those who have already pre-registered on the e-survey form, we will be deleting all entries collected at this point of time. If you would still like to attend the trip, kindly contact us via email or Facebook message before 30th January, 2359hrs - so that you will not need to fill up the form again.
A new poster with the updated information will be uploaded tomorrow (28th January). The club website (nusdiveclub.org) will also be amended in due course.
On behalf of the NUS Dive Committee, I would like to sincerely apologize for the confusion and inconvenience caused. I hope to have you on board our March dive trip.
Chua Weiyi (Mr.)
Chairperson, NUS Dive Club
We are excited to announce our upcoming dive trip in March 2015 to Genting, Pulau Tioman, Malaysia! Those interested to learn how to dive, or already know how to dive and want to join us for leisure diving are all welcome! For this trip, we offer
1. PADI Open Water Diver Certification
2. PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Certification
3. Refresher Course
4. Leisure Diving
The trip will be held 20-22 March 2015
Estimated Departure Time 6pm @ NUS SRC on Friday 20th March, (Depending on tide)
Estimated Arrival Back in SG 9pm @ NUS SRC on Sunday 22nd March
To avoid confusion, we will be listing what is required for these courses, and all prices can be referred to in the poster above.
Please read and agree to our Terms and Conditions before registering with us. Thank you!
Please also note that all prices DO NOT
include the 25RM Marine Park fee we pay on the way to Tioman.
PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course
1. Dive manual
2. One theory session and theory test on 2nd & 3rd 14th Feburary 2015 @ Sports & Recreation Centre, 10am to 5pm
3. A full day pool session on 15 February 2015 @ NUS Sports & Recreation Centre Swimming Pool, 9.00am to 5.00pm
4. Gear rental
5. 2 days 2 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation on Tioman island, food and transport.
6. Universally recognised OWD license, mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
PADI Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver Course
1. Dive manual
2. One morning theory session on 2nd Feb 2015 14th Feb 2015 @ Sports & Recreation Centre, 9am to 12 pm
3. Gear rental
4. 2 days 2 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation on Tioman island, food and transport.
5. Universally recognised AOWD license, mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
which includes 2 days 2 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation on Tioman island, food and transport. NOTE: this price excludes gear rental.
Gears Rental Options:
Full Gear & Torch: S$40
Full Gear: S$30
BCD & Regulator only: S$20
Diving Torch & Batteries: S$10
Refresher Course [Add-on]
A full day pool session with a trained Divemaster in a confined water setting to revise the essential skills prior to going on the trip.
Pool session: 15th February 2015 (Sun), 9am to 12pm @ NUS Sports & Recreation Centre Swimming Pool
*Recommended if you have not dived for over 6 months
**Compulsory if you have not dived for over 1 year
Dates: 29th January 2015 (Thursday) & 30th January 2015 (Friday), 5th & 6th Feb 2015
Time: 10 am - 4 pm
Location: Bench 1 outside Central Library
[IMPORTANT] FORMS REQUIRED FOR EACH PARTICIPANT
1. Please fill up the survey link if you wish to join us:
2. PLEASE NOTE WHICH FORMS YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT DURING REGISTRATION
Open Water (3 forms) - PADI, Financial Policy, NUS Indemnity Form
Advanced (4 forms) - PADI, Financial Policy, NUS Indemnity Form, NUS Swimming Declaration Form
Leisure (5 forms) - PADI, Financial Policy, NUS Indemnity Form, NUS Swimming Declaration Form, NUS Health Declaration Form
The forms can be found here:
3. Bring Matric Card for NUS Students
4. Bring along certification card, log book, financial policy form, registration form and full payment upon registration. (Only cash accepted, there is an ATM at the first floor of CLB where you can withdraw)
PLEASE DO NOTE: Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis so come down early on the first day to reserve your slot!
We will update Facebook once all slots have filled up.