Dear All,NUS Dive Club is delighted to present our annual event - NUS Dive Camp 2014. Join us on our underwater adventure to Pulau Tioman, Malaysia ~ an island of gorgeous white sand beach ~ where it houses a rich diversity of marine lives.
Pulau Tioman, Malaysia
11th July to 14th July 2014
1. Dive manual
2. One full day theory session: 29th June 2014 (Sun), 10am to 5pm @ YIH NUSSU Student Lounge (Level 4), includes theory test
3. A full day pool session: 5th or 6th July 2014 (Sat or Sun), 9am - 5pm @ NUS Sports & Recreation Centre Swimming Pool (Limited slots on each day)
4. Gear rental
5. 4 days 3 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation, food and transport.
6. Universally recognised OWD license, mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
PADI Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver Course
1. Dive manual
2. One half day theory session: 29th June 2014 (Sun), 10.30am - 1pm @ YIH NUSSU Student Lounge (Level 4)
3. Gear rental
4. 4 days 3 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation, food and transport.
5. Universally recognised AOWD license, mailed to you upon successful completion of the course
which includes 4 days 3 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. This includes basic accommodation, food and transport. NOTE: this price excludes gear rental.
Gears Rental Options:
Full Gear: S$35 BCD & Regulator only: S$22 Diving Torch & Batteries: S$12
Refresher Course [Add-on]
A full day pool session with a trained Divemaster in a confined water setting to revise the essential skills prior to going on the trip.
Pool session: 5th or 6th July 2014 (Sat or Sun), 9am to 12pm @ NUS Sports & Recreation Centre Swimming Pool (Limited slots on each day)
*Recommended if you have not dived for over 6 months
**Compulsory if you have not dived for over 1 year
RegistrationDates: 10th June 2014 (Tue) & 18th June 2014 (Wed) Time: 10 am - 2pm Location: Raffles City Starbucks **Please: 1) Complete the Pre-Registration Form via this link 2) Like our Facebook page via this link to receive important updates on the trip 3) Print and complete the Financial Policy Form, which can be found here 4) Print and complete the respective Registration Form. Please click on your respective course option for the registration forms: OWD, AOWD ORLeisure 5) Bring along certification card, log book, financial policy form, registration form and full payment upon registration. 6) For current NUS students, please bring along your matric card.
NOTE: When filling up the Registration Form
o Medical note: If you have any existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma) and answered “Yes” for any question in the Divers Medical Questionnaire, kindly seek proper medical advice and produce documentation proving that you are fit for diving. If there is any doubt over your physical condition, we would recommend that you do not commit yourself to the course prior to a proper medical examination.
Registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis so come down early on the first day to reserve your slot!
1) All prices are inclusive of all course materials, transport, accommodation, gear rental (except Leisure participants) and basic meals.
2) Estimated departure time is 6.30pm on 11th July 2014, depending on the trip registered. (subject to changes)
3) Estimated arrival time is 10.30pm on 14th July 2014 at NUS Sports Recreation Centre.
4) There will be NO insurance coverage provided for the diving activities on the trip, it is mandatory that participants purchase their own insurance prior to the trip.
Frequently Asked Questions 1) Why is the trip more expensive than the usual ones? The Dive Camp is our annual event that aims to provide NUS students/alumni a fun filled long weekend during their summer break. It is one day longer and participants will get to dive about 2 to 3 dives more than the usual trips. 2) Can I join the trip if I am not a NUS Students / Alumni? Yes. We welcome anyone to join us! However, priority will be given to NUS students including matriculating students. For matriculating students, please present your acceptance letter upon registration. 3) I am not able to make it on the two registration dates, are there other alternative dates? Unfortunately, we do not have other registration dates. However, you may ask a friend to register on behalf of you. Upon registration, he/she have to submit the registration and financial policy forms, fully completed and signed by you, as well as the exact cash amount to the booth in-charge. **For participants who are signing up for AOWD or Leisure trip, do present your dive log and C-Card on registration.